<$BlogRSDURL$>

Discussions of life's problems, laughs and other assorted musings

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Some Excuse


Some excuse is better than none as the old saying goes and my excuse is simply lack of time and what can only pass as a hopefully temporary writer's block. I've been meaning to sit down and post an article but it seems that the minute I touch the keyboard, my mind either starts going a zillion miles an hour or turns into a vacumn. I'm going to try to make a great effort to put my thoughts into some coherent order and fill up the vacumn with something other than empty air.
Life gets busy and time gets away from all of us sometimes. There are several rather large events taking place these days so I tend to get scattered quite easily. As things fall into place, I'm sure I shall regain what passes as my sanity and resume a somewhat more realiable pattern of creativity.
One of the most important events recently has been the safe return of my "Marine Son-in-Law" from Iraq. It's been a long seven months of worry and breath-holding as we waited for this day. Although a carpenter by trade, J.P. is a Marine in his heart and soul and gives his all to his country whenever asked. We all know how difficult it was for him to leave his wife and kids and travel thousands of miles from home to help the war on terror, yet he knew that his family had the constant support of family and friends to help them through.
It was amazing to me to watch some of the changes J.P. went through during his time away. The biggest surprise was his development in the field of electronics. I'm not saying he was a total novice with computers when he left but watching the videos he sent on special occassions and reading his emails, I gotta say I'm impressed!! Of course we'll all expect the same level of performance now that he's home so he better keep sharpening his skills. Actually, maybe he could give my husband a few pointers, but that's a whole different subject.
Seriously though, I want J.P. to know how proud we all are of him and how much he was missed. It gives great comfort to know we have men and women who are willing to put their lives on the line for the rest of us and help ensure our freedom. We grieve for the ones who have been lost as much as we celebrate the ones fortunate enough to return, and as long as any of our fellow Americans are away at war, we will keep them in our hearts and prayers.
Welcome home J.P. We love you.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?