<$BlogRSDURL$>

Discussions of life's problems, laughs and other assorted musings

Thursday, May 06, 2004

Have you ever woken from a sound sleep with a song playing over and over in your head? Having had this afflication for years I only recently found out that it actually has a name....it's called an ear worm. This caused me to wonder what those errant thoughts that crop up in your mind from time to time, and at the most inopportune moments, might be called. I spent the better part of last evening with this question playing in my mind and lo and behold the answer came to me...it must be a mind worm! This classification is certainly broad enough to cover all those lists, problems, conversations etc that take over concious thought and refuse to let you think of anything remotely relevant to where you may be or what you may be doing at that moment. The great thing about mind worms is you never know when they may pop up or what the subject matter may be. They can be anything from a funny story to a search for answers to a problem or anything in between. Thus begins my journey into the chronicling of my mind worms and of those any of you may wish to share.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?